PRESS RELEASE TO LAUNCH THE MAY-JUNE 2012 SESSION OF THE HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) EXAMINATION
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION HEREBY ANNOUNCES AS FOLLOWS,
The 2012 session of the Higher National Diploma Examinations (HND) is launched as from the date of signature of this press release.
I - ORGANISATION OF THE NATIONAL EXAMINATION
The May-June 2012 session of the Higher National Diploma (HND) examination shall take place in the following three (3) centres : Bamenda (ENS Annex at BAMBILI), Douala and Yaounde. Other examinations centres could be created if need be.
The Higher National Diploma Examination shall be organized in two parts :
• Practicals ;
• Written examination.
However, for the conduct of the examination in some specialties, the grouping of candidates could be done in the various above-mentioned centres if infrastructural constraints so impose. The candidates concerned shall be informed at the appropriate time.
II-APPLICATION MODALITIES, FEES, REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR THE EXAMINATION
II.1 Application Modalities
11.1.1 Candidates to the HND examination may be either internal candidates or external candidates.
11.1.2 The status of internal candidates shall be reserved for a candidate (new or old) presented by an accredited establishment and who can show proof of two years of training in an approved HND cycle.
11.1.3 The status of external candidates shall be reserved for a candidate who has failed once or several sessions of the HND examination and who is not presented by an establishment.
11.1.4 The application file shall comprise the following documents :
a) Internal candidates
- A registration form bearing a passport sized photograph (4x4) (model provided by the Ministry of Higher Education) stamped at the rate in force and duly filled and signed by competent authorities ;
- Transcripts of the 1st and 2nd years of the HND cycle signed by competent authorities ;
- A clear certified true photocopy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de Technicien (Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education/ Advanced Level obtained in at least two subjects excluding "Religious Knowledge" or an equivalent diploma recognized by the basic legal qualification in law ;
- A clear certified true copy of birth certificate ;
- A large self-addressed envelope ;
- A valid attestation of industrial placement;
- A receipt of the payment of registration fees for the examination to the Yaounde Public Treasury ;
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalence file (for foreign diplomas) ;
- The original copy of the authentication of the Baccalaureate or GCE A/L by the Cameroon Baccalaureate Board or the GCE Board.
b) External candidates
application file to sit for the HND examinations shall include the following documents:
- A registration form bearing one passport sized (4x4) photograph (model provided by the Ministry of Higher Education) stamped at the rate in force, duly filled and signed by competent authorities ;
- A clear certified true copy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de TEchnicien (Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education Advanced Level obtained in at least two subjects excuding Religious Knowledge or an equivalent diploma recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, excluding the Basic Legal Qualification in Law ;
- A clear self-addressed envelope ;
- A transcript showing the failure of the candidate at the HND (photocopy) ;
- A receipt upon payment of registration fees specifying the Discipline, Speciality, Clear names and signature of the official who has received these fees at the Ministry of Higher Education;
- Only holders of the Brevet Professionnel loose-fitting dress making shall be authorised to write the Higher National Diploma in Home Economics (ESF) ;
- The mark for the internship report or supervised project signed by competent authorities (for candidates who sat for the examination before 2008) ;
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalence file (for foreign diplomas).
II.2. Registration fees for the examination
II.2.1 For the 2012 session, registration fees have been fixed as follows according to the various categories :
A sum of thirty thousand francs (30 000) CFA F for the following Specialties :
• Banking and Finance
• Education (Didactics, Educational Planning and Curriculum Development);
• Secretarial Studies, Public Services and Administration (Executive Secretarial Studies)
A sum of thirty five thousand francs (35 000) CFAF for the following Specialties :
• Computer Engineering (Hardware Maintenance, Software Engineering and Computing)
• Journalism (Print Journalism)
A sum of forty thousand francs (40 000) CFAF for the following Specialties :
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Telecommunication, Information and Communication Technology) Electrical Power System
• Home Economics ( Bakery and Food Processing, Fashion Design, Clothing and Textiles)
• Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Fabrication)
A sum of forty five thousand francs (45 000) CFAF for the following Specialties and pending the production by the concerned establishments of a technical document (Terms of reference furnished by the Ministry of Higher Education) :
• Civil and Structural Engineering (Engineering Design)
• Medical Laboratory Technology
• Tourism and Hotel Management (Food Management and Catering, Travel Agency, Hospitality Management).
• Urban Planning and Surveying
• Water Resources and System
11.2.2 The registration fees for any other speciality will be fixed at the a appropriate time.
11.2.3 For internal candidates, the registration fees will be deposited at the Yaounde Central Treasury by heads of establishments into account n°450400TGY62 accompanied with an authorization of deposit duly signed by competent Services of the Ministry of Higher Education, after verification of corresponding lists and documents.
11.2.4 For external candidates, registration fees will be paid at the Ministry of Higher
Education, Department of Higher Education Development, Sub Department of Teaching
Programmes and Examinations, 13th Floor.
11.2.5 Registration fees for the examination shall not be refundable.
III.3 REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR THE EXAMINATION
111.3.1 Only establishments with a prior authorization to open or an authorization dating 2010 will be allowed to present candidates for the current session of the Higher National Diploma, in the fields, specialties or options concerned.
111.3.2 The Heads of those establishments will have to deposit all complete application files of their candidates after verification of their names, surnames, date and place of birth at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of Higher Education Development, Sub-Department of Teaching Programmes and Examinations, Service in charge of Examinations, 13th floor, latest Friday 09 March 2012.
The recapitulative list of candidates presented in capital letters (following the model provided by the Ministry) as well as the corresponding computerised aids will also be provided (Excel 2007 file).
Furthermore, second year transcripts, internship attestations, the marks awarded for the defence of internship reports, supervised projects shall be deposited with an enclosure slip by Heads of establishments concerned in the Ministry of Higher Education, latest Monday 30 April 2012. After this date, the application files in question will not be accepted.
111.3.3 External candidates will submit their complete application files at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of Higher Education Development, Sub-Department of Teaching Programmes and Examinations, 13th floor, latest Friday 09 March 2012.
111.3.4 The penalty for late submission of application files shall amount to a sum of ten thousand (10 000) CFAF per file, for files deposited between Monday 12 March and Friday 30 March 2012.
111.3.5 No files will be received after Friday 30 March 2012.
111.3.6 Holders of foreign Baccalaureates or GCE A/L will have to deposit an application for equivalence at the Ministry of Higher Education, Sub-Department of Comparative University Systems and Equivalence.
111.3.7 All heads of establishments must imperatively authenticate their candidate’s diplomas either with the GCE Board or the Baccalaureate Board. The original of these authentications will be attached to the candidates’ file at the moment of registration for the examination.
111.3.8 All heads of establishments will have to submit during registration and against signature, examination questions (papers) and their corrections for all subjects relating to all the various specialities or options opened in their schools.
111.3.9 Defence marks will be submitted with a result slip and by field latest 30 April 2012
in electronic and hard copy signed by the Head of establishment.
111.3.10 All heads of establishments should bring a virgin CD to copy "the cata entry form for the registration of candidates" and take back the lists of candidates on burnt CD. They will also be able to download this data entry form from the following Ministry of Higher Education site : www.minesup.gov.com
111.3.11 All teachers who set papers are required to attach an estimated cost for each candidate.
111.3.12 All Heads of establishments will have to separate Old candidates’ application files from New candidates’ application files.
IV.l In accordance with the regulation in force, unsuccessful candidates, who have obtained mark(s) equal to/or above 10/20 in one or many papers for the 2011 session of the HND examination, shall automatically keep the advantage of the above marks for the 2012 session exclusively. (This privilege is applicable in one examination session only).
However, candidates concerned who so desire may apply for the cancellation of this exemption. In that case, they shall obligatorily repeat the paper (s) concerned ; but such candidates shall no longer solicit the taking into account of marks that have been cancelled at their request.
IV.2 All claims relating to exemptions, including from external candidates, shall be submitted at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of Higher Education Development, 13th floor, not later than Monday 27 February 2012. After this date, no claim will be accepted.
IV.3 After the processing of potential cancellation applications and other claims, the final exemption lists will be available and posted at examination centres and the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of Higher Education Development, 13th floor, on Monday 12 March 2012.
V. PUBLICATION OF LISTS OF CANDIDATES
After the study of files, the National Committee for the Organisation of National Examinations will publish the final lists of the candidates authorised to sit for the examination, as from Monday 07 May 2012. Candidates registered in fields that are not authorised by the supervisory ministry in the establishments concerned will not be allowed to take the examination.
Any false information given by the candidate will automatically disqualify the latter and expose the defaulter and the establishment concerned to legal sanctions provided for by the regulations in force.
Interested persons should feel free to contact the Director of Higher Education Development, Chairperson of the National Committee for the Organisation of Higher National Diploma Examinations, at the 13th floor of the Ministry of Higher Education.
This press release shall be registered and published wherever necessary.
Jacques FAME NDONGO,
Minister of Higher Education